Why it’s important to be part of your state’s association
Georgia’s preeminent child care trade association represents more than 700 private, public and corporate child care centers located across the state. Founded in 1977, GCCA is a non-profit membership organization serving as the voice of Georgia’s licensed child care providers within the halls of government and within the broader community of early learning professionals.
- We advocate for sound public policy that fosters quality, affordable and accessible child care for working parents. We advocate for effective industry regulation that does not burden business with costly, inefficient mandates and that does foster safe environments for children to learn, play and grow.
- We communicate with a broad spectrum of policymakers and regulators whose influence and actions directly impact the early learning and child care community and we strive to offer best-in-class solutions that will prepare Georgia’s children for a bright future. We communicate with parents, the public and the press on timely issues those impact families, our member businesses and the broader communities they serve.
- We educate administrators to ensure a thorough understanding of the state’s licensing requirements and the consequences of non-compliance. We educate owners and directors, offering professional development opportunities as well as resources to support their business processes, to guarantee their financial solvency and to assure the long-term sustainability of their enterprise.
What are the Benefits to My Center?
- Information- Early notification on impending legislation, regulation changes and state wide programs
- Lobbyist-Legislative representation at the Capitol to ensure regulators and legislators understand how their decisions affect the child care industry
- Representation as provider’s voice on BFTS committees and within advocacy organizations
- Support and guidance on business, operations and regulatory issues
- Meetings to discuss various issues and current events
- Conference discounts for all management staff at our bi-annual conferences which provide relevant information to run your center
- Free or reduced cost webinars on industry and business topics
- Full access to our website including member’s only content
- Discounts on products and services needed for your business
- Discounted criminal record checks through GCCA
- Access to experts in the legal and human resource, marketing and accounting field
- Clarification on questions you might not want to ask on your own
- Leadership opportunities through committee and board involvement
- Networking with other providers sharing common interests and concerns
Your membership income is vital to help us deliver the advocacy work we do for our industry!
Or to download a membership application which can be mailed or faxed in the GCCA click here ».
Annual membership for the remainder of 2013 plus 2014 membership is $99.